With a century of experience in the design and engineering of communications technology, we at Copp Systems are the best at what we do. Are you? We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our expanding team of professionals. If you’re up for the challenge, we would love to hear from you. Interested in employment, contact us here.
Director of Operations
Copp Systems strives to be the destination location for professionals who are technology-driven, customer-focused, and hold themselves to a higher performance standard. We are positioned for tremendous growth in the future and are always looking for new and advanced technology to meet our clients’ needs for Safety and Security.
Our culture encourages and rewards continuous improvement for our employees and we have an Open Door Policy where ideas and suggestions are always welcomed. You will be provided opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge to become a subject matter expert in your designated specialty. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package along with the opportunity to grow within the Company!
With 100 years of being an industry leader and trusted advisor for our clients you will have the opportunity to work with the best and brightest companies in the area. If you are looking for a company to have a long term career, Copp is the place!
The Director of Operations is responsible for the oversight of technicians and installers on all projects, inspections and service calls. Responsible for dispatching and scheduling of all Technical Staff to complete installations and service work in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
This role should develop and implement processes and policies to improve efficiency in the Operations Department. Assists technical staff with high-end customer-related issues. Assists Management with development of Operations budget. Monitors service/installation tickets for accuracy. Assists with monthly billing projections.
- Lead all service technicians on all project installations, service calls and inspections.
- Create, maintain and update all technician schedules as needed.
- Maintain regular communication with customers, subcontractors, vendors, etc. before, during and after projects.
- Lead quarterly business reviews for our top customers
- Provide monthly dashboard reports on the performance of organization
- Manage warehouse personnel and manage warehouse inventory
- Lead the monthly billing projections
- Lead the operational efficiency of the group of technicians with a drive for defined standards of utilization of time on each assignment.
- Lead developing the organization’s operations with a focus on performance and accountability by assigning a project manager for each installation project with predefined goals for the project.
- Create training programs for each technician and facilitate the process to ensure certifications are maintained and new knowledge and training is acquired.
- Manage and develop each technician’s performance and growth plans with a set of pre-defined goals and objectives on a quarterly basis. Provide each technician with a minimum of one formal annual performance evaluation.
- Lead company safety program.
- Assist with the development/implementation of processes/policies to improve efficiency in the Operations department.
- Assists technical staff with high-end customer-related issues.
- Assists with development of Operations budget
- Monitors labor and material mark-ups
- Responsible for analyzing and identifying reasons for project overages
- Monitors accuracy of service/installation tickets
- Assists with budgeting
- Responsible for resolving high-end customer-related issues
- Responsible for monthly billing projections
- Assists with other departmental reports
- Supervises all installation and service employees for compliance with company Employee Guidelines and Safety Manual
- Supervises all technical and safety training requirements
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management
The Director of Operations will be accountable to the President. Secondary accountability will be to the employees and customers of the company.
The Director of Operations shall possess a two-year electronics degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of 4-8 years working experience in the Electronics field is required. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, have strong written and verbal communication skills and work well with other people.
Regular local travel to customer meetings and job sites is necessary in this position. Out of town travel may also be required periodically.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
Send resumes to: email@example.com or